The metal plating shop of Irum has been a part of the production process of IRUM machines since the beginning: most of the parts are zinc electroplated for corrosion protection or for decorative purposes, while the hydraulic components are hard chrome plated for increasing the wear resistance.
Based on our expertise and our qualified and experienced staff, our electroplating shop can perform electroplating on steel and cast iron according to customer’s specifications.
Apart from our qualified staff and experience in the field, the shop’s equipment is modern, including a parameter adjustment systems, the result being excellent quality as well as a highly efficient production process.
After the rebuilt, the shop respects the RoHS.
Hard chrome plating line:
- 12V/2000A rectifier
- 2000 liters chrome plating bath
- maximum dimensions of the part: 1000x1100x270 mm
- layer thickness: 5-300 µm (microns)
Alkaline zinc electroplating line (rack or barrel):
- 12V/1000 A rectifier
- 4000 liters zinc electroplating bath
- maximum dimensions: 1100 x 700 x 400 mm
- minimum dimension for barrel: 3 mm
- layer thickness: 9 – 15 µm
- white(blue) trivalent chromate layer