PRESENTATIONThe foundry of our company underpins IRUM production equipment: all steel castings, cast iron and bronze which enters in the TAF, IFRON or funicular construction are produced here for over 60 years. However, using our experience, we have the ability to perform a wide variety of works in the field according to the beneficiary’s needs and specifications.
We can mention some of the main products: drum brakes, disc brakes, wheel hubs, transmission housings, reducer housings, gearbox housings, distribution housings, differential housings, clutch housings, lever actuators, bushings, cable clamp grips, brake shoes, support blocks, worm wheels, cap bearings, flanges, bucket teeth, etc.
Based on its extensive experience in the field, as well as on its skilled engineers and workers, the IRUM foundry produce a wide range of iron, steel castings, medium and high iron alloy, medium and high steel alloy, nodular profile cast irons made by manual or mechanized forming, all according to the customer’s requirements. (For manual forming, the maximum weight is 750 kg and for mechanized forming is 100 kg).
Besides the company’s expertise and labour force, the modern technical facilities are another highlight of IRUM foundry, all operations being carried out with maximum efficiency and quality:
Preparing forming mixture: EIRICH mixer automatic type
Mechanized forming with HVS-2 forming machine
Making alloys with melting furnace type INDUCTOTERM of 750kg
Carrying out cores manually or by drilling with machine type LAEMPE LL20 (unique in Romania)
- pieces molded in forms obtained on the HSP 2 automatic format machine with 800 x 650 x 250 mm frames size;
- pieces molded in classical sand forms (manual forming)
- pieces molded in Bakelite shells with 325 x 430 mm and 430 x 510 mm sizes;
- 0 – 100 kg molded pieces weight on the automatic machine or up to 1.000 kg with manual forming;
- making in INDUCTOTHERM induction furnaces of 750 kg and 500 kg;
- preparing the forming mixture in the EIRICH type automatic facilities;
- reversible belt blast facilities with 1to/cast capacity
- CAPRI 12/16 type blast facility – OMSG production – Y chamber with 1t/catch maximum cast, 1.200 x 1.600 mm maximum piece sizes;
- check and adjustment of chemical composition for cast with THERMO ARL type optical spectrometer.